At Kuorum.org (from this point forward “the Service”) we take our users’ privacy very seriously. One of the foundations of our activity is collecting and protecting your personal information. We want our customers and followers (from this point forward “Users”), and any other interested person, to know exactly how we collect and use your personal data. And therefore, KUORUM SOCIAL S.L. (from this point forward “the Provider”) published this document.
The mission of the Provider is to build more participatory societies. To achieve this, we develop technology that enables our customers to open online participatory processes. It is crucial for the Provider to maintain our Users’ confidence by using their personal data in a responsible manner.
This means the Provider adheres to the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
We protect your personal information and only provide it to third parties:
(1) with your consent;
(2) where it is necessary to carry out your transactions;
(3) as reasonably necessary in order to provide our features and functionality to you;
(4) when we reasonably believe it is required by law, subpoena or other legal processes; or
(5) as necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kuorum.org, our Users, and the public.
We have implemented appropriate security safeguards designed to protect your information in accordance with industry standards.
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
B. Information Service
C. Use of the Service and its applications
We collect information when you use the Service and its applications. For example, we collect information when you navigate through our website.
D. Advertising Technologies and Web Beacons
The Provider does not offer third-party advertising to its Users. Our revenue model is based on providing software as a service that enables our customers to launch custom participation platforms, which allows us to maintain economic sustainability without advertisement.
The Provider does not share under any concept the identity or the e-mail of our Users to third-parties for lucrative purposes. Your activity on the platform and your interaction with our emails can leave traces that can be used to develop profiles of individuals.
F. Log Files, IP Addresses, and information About your Computer and Mobile Device
When you visit the Service we receive the IP Address of your computer or the server proxy that you use to access the web, your computer’s operation system, your browsing system, your mobile device (including the mobile device identifier provided by the mobile device’s operating system), your mobile operating system (if you access the Service from your mobile device) as well as your Internet service provider or your mobile carrier. This information is used to optimize the way our site is displayed on your mobile device.
G. Other Information
The Service is a dynamic and innovative environment which means we are always looking for new ways to improve the services we offer. We often incorporate new functions, some of which may involve the collection of new information.
We use your information to provide you with a personalized service.
A. Consent to Information Processing from the Provider
B. The Service Communications
We communicate with you via e-mail and other available means through Services. Here are some examples of these messages:
(1) Welcoming and participation messages: when you register on the Service, we may send you a series of e-mails to inform you of how best to use the Service as well as any new functions.
(2) Service messages: these include service availability, security, and other issues of the website’s functionality.
(3) Promotional messages: include e-mail messages and may contain promotional information.
You may stop receiving promotional messages by contacting the Provider directly.
C. Sharing Information with Third-parties
(1) comply with a legal procedure, including: civil or criminal trial, court orders, or other mandatory revelations;
(3) Respond to Third-party rights violations;
(4) Respond to User questions; or
(5) Protect the rights, property or security of the Service or the general public.
D. Fulfilment of a Court Order and other revelations
We may release your personal information or information about your activities as a User of the Service when required by law, a citation, or any other order dictated by a court or if the Provider, believes in good faith that the release is reasonable to:
(1) investigate, prevent, or act upon suspected or actual illegal activities or to aid government enforcement agencies;
(2) enforce the Purchase Agreement, investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims, or to protect the security or integrity of our Services;
(3) to enforce or protect the rights, the property, or the security of the Service, our Users, employees or others.
E. Disclosures to Third-parties as a result of a change in control of or sale of the company
A. Rights to access, correction or deleting your information, and closing your account
You have a right to:
(1) access, modify, correct, or delete your information controlled by the Provider,
(2) Change or delete your content, and
(3) Delete your account.
You may also contact us about any information that you may not easily access. If you close your account, your information will be generally deleted from the Service within 24 hours. Normally, we remove the information of closed accounts and delete any record or other secured information in a period of 30 days after the closing of the account, except in the following cases:
B. Data Retention
C. Your obligations
As a User, you have certain obligations. Some of these obligations are imposed by law and applicable norms and others have become common practice in platforms similar to the Service:
You may not download or distribute information that may infringe on the rights of other people or that may be considered harmful, violent, offensive, sexist, homophobic, racist, or xenophobic, or that may violate in any other way the spirit and values of the Service.
You must keep your e-mail address and password private and not share it with others.
Not complying with these norms or any other detailed ones throughout the website may result in the restriction, suspension, or termination of your account in sole discretion of the Provider.